Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oil Painting "Dominator" a tribute painting in memory of Frank Frazetta


















A while ago I created BW drawing titled "Dominator" . It was a tribute piece to the legend Frank Frazetta. I decided to create an Oil painting from the BW drawing. It took sometime to complete as I was doing freelance work but I finally got the opportunity to complete the painting so here it is. I really can't write enough about Frank Frazetta. What can be said that hasn't already been said? I guess for me it started at the age of 12 when my dad took me to a comic book shop and I purchased my first Frank Frazetta art book. From that point on my art was never the same. Though I have been inspired by other artist, Musicians etc my fantasy artist roots always will be inspired by Frazetta. He will truly be missed and I am so grateful and fortunate that I found his work many years ago. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Share

Share |